Friday, July 14, 2006

How we bought a house

Teresa and I hoped to buy a house after I graduated. We started saving a number of years ago, and in early December 2005 starting seriously discussing it. What many readers of this blog (all 4 of you) may not know is that Teresa and I tend to fixate on things and make fairly rapid decisions when we want something. This technique has rarely failed us, mostly because of the hypothesis discussed in "Blink!". So when Teri and I promised one another that we would take our time in finding a house, and it may take a full year, we both knew we were kidding ourselves.

So within a few short months, we purchased a fixer-upper.


Complete with Kitchen from the 1940, crazy floors, random light fixtures, and lots of wallpaper.
We did A LOT of work in the 2 months from closing (April 27, 2006) to moving in (June 24, 2006). But that is for another day and another post.

1 comment:

QuarantinedKiddos said...

Everyone has a blog. No fair doubling up.

http://oblogitoryramblings.blogspot.com/