Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Julian 13 Months

Dear Friends and Family,
Julian is 13 months old (i.e., a little over a year or 396 days)!

We have tons of photos and a video to show you all, so let's get started.

Julian ate lots of cherries and watched mom and dad sample all sorts of tasty wines during a surprise (at least to Dad) trip to Traverse City (Michigan's own mini-Napa Valley). We all had a great time and saw some of the most beautiful sunsets of our lives. We also saw the 450 foot drop from the sand dune to Lake Michigan. I promised Julian that he can ride on my back the whole way down and up next time. Luckily he had no idea what I was saying, so I'm sure he won't hold me to that.

Julian also was lucky enough to have visits from 2 of his 3 grandmas and his great uncle Masoud.
Masoud wants me to tell everyone that the "great" is just because he is super-special and not because he is old. Hey, what can I say readers. The man let me, as a four year old, sit in his lap while he drove around town. For that thrill I am eternally endebted to him. Anyhow, "Great" uncle Masoud taught Julian to climb up the stairs... but down how to go down. This is what I get for convincing his pre-school son (many years ago) that I could lay eggs.

You may ask, why so many visitors? Well, because Teresa started Vet School at MSU! Check out the photos of her white coat ceremony in the pics.

You'll also notice some photos from a work party thrown in there. Apparently someone thought it would be hilarious to let his colleagues try to drown him (and induce hypothermia) in a dunk tank. this is what I get for thinking "outside the box." Frankly, this outside the box is way overrated. I'm switching to thinking squarely inside the box.

This inside-the-box thinking has already paid dividends to Julian. Apparently his plan to eternally hold onto something while walking around struck him as silly. While it works as a baby, it would be pretty hard to explain why the CEO of a company has to always keep his hand on the boardroom table while walking around it. So this inside-the-box thinking brought us our video:




Please Click on the Picture Below for the Photo Album!

No comments: