Thursday, March 05, 2009

Julian is 1 1/2 years old!

Dear Reader,
My mother always told me that I was a bit of a handful when I was a child. Therefore, I always assumed that Julian was a Teresa clone... so much for that hypothesis. January saw Julian develop from a sweet angel of a little baby to a sweet angel of a little man who occasionally summons his father's genes and terrorizes all animate and inanimate objects within reach. Karma is a insidious muse indeed.

Julian has also grown a lot over the past few weeks. Of course this means that now he can open doors, grab things off the counter top, and dangle himself in precarious positions.
Luckily the magic of time out has not worn off yet. He can spend two minutes telling the corner of the room, "No dada, no, no, no, no, no dada, no dada, nooooo" and somehow the corner doesn't seem to mind.

Just yesterday Julian broke into the lazy susan, pulled out a bag of dried lentils, tore it open, and proceeded to dump them all over the kitchen. I heard this all from the living room with a sinking feeling growing in the pit of my stomach. Of course when I walked into the kitchen, Julian looked at the enormous mess, stared at me, stared back at the mess, and proclaimed, "Oh DUDE!". Maybe he is my son afterall.

Please click on the link below to see Julian, who is in all seriousness an angel 99% of the time. I'm not just saying that because my father is going to take care of him for a week in March. No, really.

Enjoy the pics:

No comments: