In what has become Rasoulpour clan tradition, we visited the butterfly house again this year. Julian was clearly more aware of his general surroundings (butterflies, birds, small rocks) this year than last. I suppose it has been an exponentially growing awareness as the year before that he was in gestation week 26.
The hardest part of the butterfly house this year was stopping Julian from actually touching (read crushing) the butterflies in his hot little hand. Thankfully no butterflies were damaged during our visit, but I cannot say the same for some poor orchids that found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Also, Julian paternal grandpa (aka Papa) spent a week with our little guy and took care of him for 4 days while I was at a meeting at Teresa was in the Dominican (more on that in another posting). Julian and his Papa had an amazing time because Papa did anything and everything our little guy wanted. These are the benefits of grandparenthood. Only a grandparent would offer a child ice cream for breakfast and waffles with every meal. Julian was so excited to spend time with his Papa that he seemed awfully upset when his Dada (namely me) came home. I think Julian knew deep down in his heart that his dictatorship was over. Dada would never put up with his reign of terror.
Click on the picture below for the web album. Enjoy the pics!
p.s. You'll notice a picture of Julian sitting on the potty while reading a book somewhere near the end of the web album. In case I forget could someone please remind me to show this photo at the boy's wedding? At the very least his prom date needs to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment